- Collect Sample: A simple finger prick test will draw a drop of blood.
- Mail Sample: The drop is mailed to OmegaQuant, where omega-3 status will be assessed.
- Get Results: Results will be sent to the email address provided within one to two weeks.
- Modify Diet: Dietary modifications may be recommended to help increase our score (if it is low).
- Keep With It and Monitor Level: It typically takes about 3-4 months to increase our level. Monitor progress by taking an Omega-3 Test every 4-6 months.
The Omega-3 Test measures the amount of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) in red blood cell membranes. An Omega-3 Index in the desirable range of 8-12% is an indicator of better overall health. As part of a healthy lifestyle, an Omega-3 Index in this range can promote heart, brain, vision, and joint health. The Omega-3 Test requires a simple finger prick, which draws a drop of blood. The drop is mailed to OmegaQuant, a leading provider of nutritional status tests. Results will be provided within a couple of weeks, which will include dietary recommendations to help us reach the desirable Omega-3 Index range (if our level is low). With the right diet choices, we can modify our Omega-3 Index in as little as 3-4 months.