Information CARLSON Collects And How CARLSON Uses It
You may choose to provide personal information (for example, your name, address, email address, telephone number) on our Website for various purposes, including the following.
Personal Information You Provide
- Contact Us: You can communicate with CARLSON through the “Contact Us” link on our Website, which will ask you to provide your name, email address, and comment regarding the matter about which you are contacting CARLSON. CARLSON will use this information to communicate with you about your comments or questions. CARLSON may also use the information you provide to communicate with you about topics and products we believe may be of interest to you.
- Ordering Products: You may use the CARLSON Website to order products. In placing an order, you will be asked to provide information such as your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. CARLSON may use your contact information to send you communications regarding your order and regarding the products you ordered.
- Newsletter & Alerts: If CARLSON allows you to sign up to receive the CARLSON newsletter or other alerts and communications from CARLSON, you will be asked to provide information such as your name, email address, and phone number. CARLSON will use this information to send you the communications you requested.
- Other site features: The CARLSON Website offers features that may change from time to time. CARLSON may provide you with an opportunity to communicate about these features by submitting certain personal information.
- Other uses of information: CARLSON may use the personal information you provide on the Website for internal purposes. These purposes include administration of the Website, market research, data analytics, and compliance with our legal obligations, policies, and procedures.
Email: CARLSON only sends emails to users of our Website who sign up for the CARLSON mailing lists or who agree to receive future communications from us. Every email you will receive from CARLSON will contain clear information on how to unsubscribe from future communications. If you sign up for communications from CARLSON but then wish to unsubscribe, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the email you receive. Upon receipt of any unsubscribe request, CARLSON will cease our communication with you until and unless you re-subscribe for one of our mailing lists.
Telephone: CARLSON may also contact you by phone where you provide your phone number, in connection with the request, comment, or inquiry you submit via the Website. If you do not wish to be contacted by phone, please indicate that to the individual who is calling you on our behalf, and CARLSON will remove your phone number from the CARLSON contact list.
- Social media: CARLSON may use social media sharing and other “widgets” to enable interaction with social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Some of these social networks may be able to track your visit to our Website (or any site that uses the widgets) because when you visit a social network, it may place personally identifiable cookies in your browser that are then transmitted back to the social network when you visit other sites that use that network’s widgets, even if you do not click on or interact with the widget. If you have questions about a particular social network’s information collection or cookie practices, please refer to the privacy and use policies of that social network
- Functionality: These cookies allow our Website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on an article. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising, or remember where you have been on the internet.
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, the CARLSON Website is not compatible with DNT and does not recognize DNT settings.
You have choices about certain information CARLSON collects. When you are asked to provide information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide information that is necessary for us to collect to complete your order or respond to your request, we may not be able to complete your order or respond to your request.
How Does CARLSON Process Personal Data?
Business Operations and Marketing.
- CARLSON might use your information to provide you with information personalized to your requests, to respond to inquiries, or to deliver product orders;
- CARLSON might use your personal data for screening you for employment or other engagement;
- CARLSON might use your data to provide you with communications regarding our products; and
- CARLSON might use your data in connection with the exercise or defense of our legal rights, as well as in response to court orders.
Legal Bases for Processing. CARLSON processes personal data for, or based on, one or more of the following legal bases:
- to service customer orders and to comply with your instructions;
- as is necessary for our legitimate interests, including direct marketing;
- to comply with the law and our legal obligations; and
- in certain circumstances, based on your express consent.
Information CARLSON Shares With Others
- Consent: CARLSON may share information you submit to us with your consent or at your direction.
- Service providers: CARLSON may share your information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf, for example, to host our Website or send email communications. We obligate these service providers to not use or disclose the information they receive from us except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Compliance with law: In addition, CARLSON may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, (ii) in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Protection of Personal Data
Security is important to CARLSON and to you. Therefore, CARLSON works to employ reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to promote the security of our systems and protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of personal data. If you suspect unauthorized access to your information as a result of a breach of CARLSON’s protective measures, you should contact CARLSON immediately.
No method of safeguarding information is completely secure. While CARLSON uses measures designed to protect personal data, CARLSON cannot guarantee that any safeguards will be effective or sufficient. Internet data transmission is not always secure, and CARLSON cannot warrant that information you transmit to us through the Internet is or will be secure.
Retention of Personal Data.
CARLSON retains personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, as well as to the extent CARLSON deems necessary to carry out the processing activities described above, including compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, and to the extent CARLSON reasonably deems necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of CARLSON, our customers, and other third parties.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
You have a variety of legal rights regarding the collection and processing of personal data. You may exercise these rights, to the extent they apply to you, by contacting CARLSON using the information provided below. Please be prepared to provide reasonable information to authenticate your requests.
These rights vary depending on the particular laws of your jurisdiction, but may include:
- the right to know whether, and for what purposes, CARLSON processes personal data about you;
- the right to be informed about the personal data CARLSON collects and/or processes about you;
- the right to access, modify, and correct personal data about you;
- the right to know with whom CARLSON has shared personal data about you, for what purposes, and what personal data has been shared (including whether personal data was disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes);
- where processing of personal data about you is based on consent, the right to withdraw your consent to such processing; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority located in the jurisdiction of your habitual residence, place of work, or where an alleged violation of law occurred.
Accessing, Modifying, Rectifying, and Correcting Collected Personal Data. CARLSON strives to maintain the accuracy of any personal data collected from you, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update the CARLSON database when you tell us the information in our database is not accurate. However, we must rely upon you to ensure that the information you provide to us is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, and to inform us of any changes. Please review all of your information carefully before submitting it to us, and please notify us as soon as possible of any updates or corrections.
In accordance with applicable law, you may obtain from us certain personal data that we process about you. If you wish to access, review, or make any changes to personal data you have provided to us through our website or related services, you may do so at any time by contacting us as provided below. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to deny access as permitted or required by applicable law.
The CARLSON Website is not directed at children, and CARLSON will not knowingly accept, request, or collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the age of 18, we will delete this information from our databases in accordance with our deletion procedures. Should you suspect that a child of whom you are the parent or legal guardian has provided CARLSON with personal information, please contact us and we will work with you to address this issue.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California users are entitled to request information relating to whether a business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. CARLSON does not sell or share your personal information with third party companies for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Changes to Policy
If you would like to update your contact information or preferences, or have your information removed from our mailing list, or if you have comments or questions about the administration of our Website or this Policy, please contact us by:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing us at
Carlson Laboratories, Inc.
Attention: Data Privacy
600 W University Drive
Arlington Heights, IL 60004