Energy SupportMSRP:Was:Now: $11.50 - $32.50
Energy SupportMSRP:Was:Now: $21.17 - $51.00
Energy SupportMSRP:Was:Now: $24.90 - $45.00
Energy SupportMSRP:Was:Now: $14.90 - $53.00
Bone HealthMSRP:Was:Now: $15.90
Bone HealthMSRP:Was:Now: $12.40 - $14.88
Healthy HairMSRP:Was:Now: $7.90 - $13.50
Immune HealthMSRP:Was:Now: $11.50 - $44.90
Heart HealthMSRP:Was:Now: $12.40 - $26.90
Heart HealthMSRP:Was:Now: $12.40 - $26.90
Heart HealthMSRP:Was:Now: $15.90 - $45.00
Heart HealthMSRP:Was:Now: $23.70 - $45.00
What are letter vitamins?
While there are many important vitamin options available, vitamins A through K are considered to be essential and are generally what people are referring to when discussing letter vitamins.
In order for our body to grow and function at its best, it requires certain vitamins and minerals. Different vitamins are responsible for various health benefits and many of them are extremely important. This means that just as those who don’t have enough fish in their diet supplement it by taking fish oils, those without a balanced diet should take a multivitamin that contains the letter vitamins or should take specific letter vitamins as needed.
How many letter vitamins are there?
There are 13 essential letter vitamins.
- A - important for the immune system and vision health, but it also helps the heart, lungs, kidneys, and other organs work properly. There are two types of vitamin A: preformed vitamin A and provitamin A. If we don’t consume many fruits, vegetables, and other plant-based products, we may want to consider adding beta-carotene (the most common provitamin A) to our diet.
- B6 - important for the health of both the immune and nervous systems, as well as normal brain development.
- B12 - helps keep our blood and nerve cells healthy, promotes energy production, and supports brain function.
- C - an essential antioxidant and micronutrient that supports a healthy central nervous system and assists with iron absorption.
- D - promotes cardiovascular, immune, teeth, bone, and muscle health.
- E - has antioxidant properties and is important for healthy cardiovascular system function and skin health.
- K - promotes healthy blood clotting and supports bone and cardiovascular system health.
These next few all fall under the B vitamin group.
- Biotin - used by the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats, and amino acids and is often recommended for strengthening hair and fingernails.
- Folate - provides prenatal support, promotes healthy fetal development, and supports healthy cell production.
- Niacin (B3) - promotes heart health and nerve function, and supports cholesterol metabolism.
- Pantothenic acid (B5) - important for the synthesis of coenzyme A (CoA) and acyl carrier protein.
- Thiamine (B1) - plays a key role in nerve, muscle, and heart function, and promotes energy production.
- Riboflavin (B2) - helps the body metabolize fats and protein.
What vitamins should I be taking?
When it comes to the letter vitamins, a well-balanced diet is important, and nutritional supplements can help fill any gaps to ensure we get our daily requirements. If you want to focus on specific benefits, keep in mind that vitamin A is good for healthy vision, B vitamins are good for energy production, C vitamins are good for healthy immune function, D vitamins are good for immune and muscle health, E vitamins are great antioxidants, and K vitamins are good for blood clotting and bone health.
What is the best vitamin for better skin?
The skin is our largest organ, which is why maintaining healthy skin is an essential part of many of our health regimens. Many nutrients play an important role in keeping our skin soft, hydrated, and healthy.
- Vitamin D helps the body create healthy skin cells.
- Vitamin C helps with collagen production and has antioxidant properties.
- Vitamin E is another great antioxidant that helps hydrate and protect the skin.
- Vitamin K is essential for healthy blood clotting and cardiovascular and bone health.
What letter vitamins does Carlson offer?
With over 70 different options available, Carlson offers letter vitamins in forms and strengths to fit everyone’s unique nutritional needs.