Mixed Berry Shortcakes
1,600 mg of Omega-3s per Serving
- 2 tsp. of Carlson The Very Finest Fish Oil, mixed berry
- ½ cup of strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup of raspberries
- ¼ cup of blueberries
- ½ cup of flour
- 1 ¼ tsp. of baking powder
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- 1 Tbsp. of cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp. of milk
- 1 tsp. of maple syrup
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. of maple syrup
- ½ tsp. of vanilla extract
- Place berries in a small bowl; drizzle with Carlson oil. Stir gently, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter, and mix with fingers until flour and butter are well blended.
- Using fork, stir in milk and 1 tsp. of maple syrup until a soft dough forms.
- Divide dough in half; shape each half into a ball, then place on small parchment-lined baking sheet. Press gently into a circle about 2.5-in. wide x ½-in. high.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
- Combine whipped topping ingredients in medium bowl; beat with wire whisk or electric mixer until thickened and soft peaks form.
- Split biscuits in half horizontally; place bottom halves on two dessert plates. Layer the biscuits with berry filling and whipped topping; top with remaining biscuit halves.