What is a multivitamin good for?
Ideally, we would get all of the necessary vitamins and minerals from the foods we eat each day; however, many of us fall short due to busy lifestyles, diet, and more. A high-quality multivitamin can help us fill these nutritional gaps and ensure we’re getting the recommended daily intake of all of the most important nutrients.
- Calcium - important for the formation of teeth, bone health, and healthy nerve function.
- Magnesium - promotes heart health, may enhance exercise performance, and helps maintain regularity.
- Dietary fiber - helps maintain bowel health, in addition to promoting healthy colon and heart function.
- Choline - supports vital body functions such as cell maintenance and nervous system function.
- Potassium - can help promote muscle function and boost energy levels. It’s also important for heart, brain, kidney, and nervous system health.
- Vitamin A - good for protecting eye, teeth, and bone health, improving skin and hair, supporting immune function, and promoting tissue repair.
- Vitamin D - plays an important role in mood health, and promotes teeth, bone, heart, and muscle health.
- Vitamin E - has antioxidant properties and promotes cardiovascular and skin health.
- Vitamin K - promotes bone, blood, and heart health.
A good multivitamin will provide the recommended daily amounts of many of these.
Is it good to take a multivitamin everyday?
Yes, as long as they are taken as directed and we do not exceed the various daily Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs). Carlson offers quality multivitamin pills, targeted formulas like Cardio Complete, men’s vitamins, fish oil, and other supplements.
Which are the best multivitamins?
Most brands include vitamins we need daily like A, C, D, E, K, calcium, choline, fiber, magnesium, and potassium. In order to ensure that we always get the best quality and purity, we should make sure we are purchasing from a reputable manufacturer and retailer.
Carson is a family-owned company that has been delivering award-winning nutritional supplements since 1965. All of our products, including our cod liver oil, vitamin D3, and multivitamins, are backed with a quality guarantee.
Are multivitamins safe?
As long as they are taken as directed, multivitamins that provide no more than 100% of the DRIs are generally considered safe. We should make sure our multivitamin and the other nutritional supplements we’re taking do not exceed the recommended limits.
How do I choose a multivitamin?
It depends on our diet, nutritional needs, and specific health concerns. Expectant mothers should choose a prenatal multivitamin and those who want to support heart health should choose a cardiovascular multivitamin. If we’re seeking nutrients to supplement our diet, we should look for a multivitamin that contains the daily recommended amounts of A, C, D, E, K, calcium, magnesium, dietary fiber, choline, and potassium.