Lemon-Herb Veggie Pinwheels
1,100-1,600 mg of Omega-3s per Serving
- 1 tsp. (1 Packet) of Carlson The Very Finest Fish Oil or Cod Liver Oil, lemon (adults or kids)
- 2 oz. of herb cream cheese spread
- 1 large whole-wheat flour tortilla
- ¼ cup of yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup of carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup of baby spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp. of red onion, minced
- Combine Carlson oil and cream cheese. Stir until well blended.
- Place tortilla on flat surface. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on tortilla to about ¼ inch from edge all around.
- Starting on the bottom edge of the tortilla, arrange bell pepper, carrot, cabbage, spinach and onion in horizontal rows on top of the cream cheese.
- Starting at the bottom edge, roll the tortilla up very tightly. Use a little extra cream cheese, if needed, to seal edges. Use a toothpick to secure roll closed.
- Wrap rolled tortilla in plastic. Refrigerate 1-2 hours to allow the flavors to blend. (Chilling also makes the roll easier to slice.)
- Remove wrap and toothpick. Gently cut roll crosswise into pinwheels.