Choco-Berry Protein Snack Bites
Serves 3 (3 snack bites each)
800 mg of Omega-3s per Serving
- 1 ½ tsp. of Carlson The Very Finest Fish Oil, mixed berry (adults or kids)
- ½ cup of sliced almonds
- ¼ cup of roasted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup of pitted dates (about 6)
- 2 Tbsp. of chocolate protein powder
- 2 Tbsp. of chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. of water
- ½ cup of freeze-dried strawberries
- Place Carlson oil, mixed berry; almonds; sunflower seeds; dates; protein powder; chocolate chips; and water into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Process for about 2 minutes or until almonds are very finely chopped and a soft dough begins to form. If the mixture does not come together, add an additional teaspoon of water, and continue to process. Transfer dough to a medium bowl.
- Working with 1 Tbsp. of dough at a time, shape the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place freeze-dried strawberries in zipper-style plastic bag; seal bag closed. Roll a rolling pin back and forth over the bag to crush berries into fine crumbs. Transfer crumbs to shallow bowl.
- Roll balls in strawberry crumbs until evenly coated. Store in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Variations: Roll snack bites in shredded coconut, cacao powder, or finely chopped nuts.