This holiday season, many of us will be spending time with family and friends, and that includes meals. Many dishes on the holiday table can be salty or contain high amounts of unhealthy fats. While these types of homemade foods make us feel loved, we can show our love by preparing delicious healthy dishes whenever we can. As an example, you can show a little heart with this heart healthy recipe, made with Olive Your Heart®.
2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped
2 red bell peppers, chopped
1 garnet yam, peeled and chopped
1 rutabaga, peeled and chopped
1 red onion, quartered and separated
1 tbsp. ground thyme
1 tbsp. rosemary
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup vegetable broth
¼ cup Carlson Olive Your Heart®, garlic
- Chop all vegetables into bite-size pieces similar in size.
- In a large bowl, add the vegetable broth, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the chopped vegetables, and coat thoroughly.
- Transfer to a shallow pan, and roast in preheated oven at 475 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Return vegetables to the bowl, and drizzle with Olive Your Heart® omega-3 olive oil in garlic flavor Garlic.
Note: This dish can be served right out of the oven or at room temperature.
The vegetables in this recipe are high in heart healthy fiber, vitamin c, and chromium, while the thyme and rosemary both contain powerful antioxidants.
Olive Your Heart® contains 1,480 mg of omega-3s from wild-caught, sustainably-sourced, high-quality Norwegian fish oil. The two most beneficial omega-3s are EPA and DHA, which promote optimal cardiovascular health.
Omega-3 fish oil is very beneficial to heart health. Here are some ways it can benefit the heart:
- Helps maintain a healthy, stable heart
- Promotes healthy blood vessels and circulation
- Supports arterial wall elasticity
- Helps maintain healthy, normal triglyceride levels already within normal range
Whether you are the person preparing the meal or a guest taking a side dish, this recipe will guarantee your body is getting some amazing nutrients.
It’s important to note that if there are leftovers of this dish. Avoid reheating it as that can destroy the nutrient value of the omega-3s in Olive Your Heart®. Simply, bring it to room temperature to serve any leftovers.